Thursday, December 14, 2006

Whew

We were suppose to have our first open house yesterday... Everything was looking great and ready to go. Then our power went out... I had just put olive oil in my hair, and had just jumped in the shower. This is pretty much a nightmare situation for me now.
Our house was so cold we didn't know what to do with ourselves. We decided to put up a sign and go for breakfast. (with a hat on) Then we decided to go to the city because we had nothing to do, and no where to go. We just went to warm places walked aimlessly in malls and had sushi. I kept calling to find out if our power was back. When we couldn't get a hold of anyone to stay with in Seattle, and after we were absolutely exhausted we decided we better just head home. When we got home at 9:55 our power had just come back on. It was good timing, but the rest of the day.. hum....
the day after I talked to a few of the people that I thought might come, and one of my friends told me that she came and thinks a lot of people showed up. (probably because they had nothing to do either) Hopefully they come back on Saturday. I just couldn't bare the thought of trying to welcome people into my frozen house with my oily hair. yikes.
The real reason I am writing my blog right now is because tonight is suppose to go hurricane style, and gusts of wind could be up to 75 mph..... the worst in a long time.
There are trees all over this island, so the chances of the power going out again are good. We are filling our bathtubs, finding our candles and lights and most importantly taking showers.
Not looking forward to it, since all we have for heat is a little fire place, that is really for looks, and doesn't put out much heat. I guess we could all huddle around it...
It's raining pretty hard now, but the high wind warnings are suppose to start this afternoon, and continue until tomorrow afternoon. I really hope we have power for our next open house.

I'll put up some pictures of Tenzin to cheer me up.

Lots of love to you all,
Talk to you soon.

No comments: