Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Returning from my "year off"

Woah, I'm back. Saying that I took a year off is a bit of a joke... How can you have a year off when you have kids?!
My last post was of Tenzin's 4th birthday! I have a lot of catching up to do!
Tenzin is now a 5 year old that is swimming and biking like crazy. Myla is 2, and is definitely 2! She is hilarious, demanding, feisty, and cute and sweet all at the same time! So what did you miss exactly in this year off? Well, we moved from our dear little Vashon Island to Northern California. We made the move in hopes of me getting some time off with my kids, and especially Myla, since she was a very busy toddler. I did get that time, which I am so thankful for! Tai started his web design business, and I started my little children's shop "Violet Sprout" Which has been a great success! Tai's business has been off and on, and we are feeling like the area we live in just isn't big enough for us to really thrive. So, another move for the Travis family! We are really hoping the next place will be just right! We're looking at Chico. Warm and sunny all year, a nice size, waldorf elementary and high school, but this good sized town needs a waldorf preschool! (enter the end of my year off!)
I am excited about starting up a school again, but at the same time the move and the thought of starting another school is quite intimidating! Moving with the kids is always hard...
Chico has a lot to offer, and I think we are really going to enjoy it!
Stay tuned for the move and more on Chico!
It's good to be back!

No comments: