Thursday, March 22, 2007

Tenzin has been weaned. It was a little sad for both of us. He isn't a baby anymore....
I made him this baby as a weaning present. Baby Kai is his name! (look like anyone?) Tenzin loves him and now they do everything together- get into their jammies, and go for motorcycle rides! Tenzin understood when I told him that babies need milk, and now that he's almost 2 he doesn't need milk anymore. Then he said that baby Kai needed milk. It has been much easier than I expected. Tai turned 31, and like every party we're having this year it involved getting stuffed on sushi. ummm. We went out with Tai's old buddy from college. I am going to make a cake when Grandpa John comes to visit for the 3 Aries boys party!
Our little school is coming along, and we are quickly learning that we can't survive off of drop-in. We need commitment where they pay for the month upfront, and don't get a refund if they don't come. With flus and vacations it's hard to keep our numbers up. We were just going to start out this way, but we now have 12 children enrolled, which is GREAT, now we just need them to come consistently. It will work, which is a big relief. Everyone keeps saying that we're so brave to just move here and try to do this. I guess it was a big leap. Tai will be driving a school bus before and after our preschool hours. It works out great with vacations being the same, and not working too many hours. He can still be here to help me with school too. It will help us get out of a bit of our debt. We decided that we can get pregnant again once we're out of debt. Hopefully it won't take too long... Tenzin needs a brother or sister soon.
Tenzin's birthday party is only a week and two days away.... yikes. I couldn't possibly have a small party, so there will be 36+ people here. whew. I said I wouldn't do it again, and here we go! It will be a Japanese party, and it is at 2, so it will be mostly just snacks and drinks. We can survive. My mom, sister and brother will be flying back from Hawaii just in time. Tenzin will be so happy to see them! I talked to Mick today and he said ask Tenzin if he wants me to bring him a gecko. Tenzin said "uncle firetruck shoes!" at least he knows what he wants. Where did that come from?!
This is the BEST age, he says the funniest things. He gets these crazy ideas, and is getting so creative. He's also unbelievably smart for his age. (of course I think that : ) but, it's true.
I should get to bed. I will post more pics soon.
Lots of love out,
Keri*

No comments: