Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Quarter of a century....... Plus one

I'm 26 today. It feels good, not like 25 which was similar to being kicked in the shin with a roller skate stopper. 26 is different. My 25th year was wonderful, it was just hard turning 25 for some reason. Today Mick took Tenzin to the park so that Tai and I could go out for dinner. It was weird being able to give someone my undivided attention. It was nice. I missed Tenzin after an hour and we hurried back to get him. The hour was great though!

My friend sent me this poem for my birthday.
For the love a tree, she went out on a limb.
For the love of the sea, she rocked the boat.
For the love of the earth, she dug deeper.
For the love of community, she mended the fence.
for the love of the stars, she let her light shine.
For the love of spirit, she nurtured her soul.
For the love of the Goddess, she drew down the moon.
for the love of nature, she made compost.
For the love of a good meal, she gave thanks.
For the love of family, she reconciled differences.
For the love of creativity, she entertained new possibilities.
for the love of her enemies, she suspended judgment.
for the love of herself she acknowledged her worth.
And the world was richer for her.

No comments: